Monday, October 23, 2006




Shisha

Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa, which translates as “The Gateway to the Sun,” is an elegant resort in a traditional Arabic Fort setting. It’s where I smoked my first Shisha Pipe.

The Bab Al Shams is the best deal in town because you board a bus at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel and drive 35 minutes into the desert. It’s a free ride. Lively music greets you the moment you step off the bus. We found the rooftop bar and some comfy lounge seats. The Arabs know how to lounge!

Puffing on a shisha pipe is a common sight in the Middle East. A Shisha consists of tobacco mixed with molasses and a variety of fruity flavours, which is smoked from a water pipe.

Smoking a shisha was on my “to do” list. With my inhaler ready (I’m a geeky asthma kid) I ordered a grape shisha pipe. It’s actually not that bad because it smells a heck of a lot better than cigarettes. It’s sort of like a smoky version of a grape lollipop. I hacked and coughed but now I can tell about the Shisha episode of ’06.

The Bab Al Shams is one of my favourite spots so far because you’re out of the city. The stars shine brighter and I could pick out my usual constellations – the big dipper, Cassiopeia and the little dipper.

Once again. The night seemed like a reverie, a dream…

3 Comments:

Blogger peddlerswife said...

look at you sexy mama...seriously i am so stoked for you, and just a little jealous:) Cant wait to see you back in Whistler!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Jill Marie Bronson said...

lookin good with that pipe kim!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Ibn Hoor said...

Desert Safari and the testy and smokyAl Fakher shisha flavors is the first choise for the visitors of Dubai.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home